2020 Gulf Coast Triple Crown Championship Rules
The Championship team will receive:
- The prestigious Frank Ledbetter designed Grand Marlin sculpture.
- Permanent Championship plaque prominently displayed on Signature Perpetual Triple Crown Championship Trophy in the Wharf Marina Outfitter Store.
- Winner recognition placed on the iconic Wharf Marlin Tower.
- All associated bragging rights and honors as the winners of the most prestigious and sought after Championship in Sportfishing.
- The 2020 Series Championship winner will be determined by total GCTC points (as defined below) from their accumulated three highest tournament scores in sanctioned GCTC Championship Series tournaments.
- There is no requirement to participate in all five Series tournaments; however, 20 additional baseline points will be credited for each Series tournament participated in.
- Series tournaments must meet a 30 boat minimum participation level at the official start of the tournament for Championship points to be awarded.*
- Weather rescheduled tournaments must be completed prior to the Blue Marlin Grand Championship at the Wharf for points to count.
- Participation in the BMGC is a requirement to win the Championship.
*30 boat minimum defined as fully paid entry fees, attended the captains meeting and boat departed from the official start point for fishing. Boats which return early due to mechanical failure or weather conditions will not affect total boat count.
2020 Series Sanctioned Tournaments:
(subject to change)
Orange Beach Billfish Classic, Cajun Canyons Billfish Classic, Mississippi Gulf Coast Classic, Emerald Coast Blue Marlin Classic & The Blue Marlin Grand Championship.