2020 Gulf Coast Triple Crown Championship Rules
The 2020 Gulf Coast Triple Crown Championship team will receive:
- The prestigious Frank Ledbetter designed Grand Marlin sculpture.
- Permanent Championship plaque prominently displayed on Signature Perpetual Triple Crown Championship Trophy in the Wharf Marina Outfitter Store.
- Winner recognition placed on the iconic Wharf Marlin Tower.
- All associated bragging rights and honors as the winners of the most prestigious and sought-after Championship in Sportfishing.
The 2020 Series Championship winner will be determined by total GCTC points (as defined below) from their accumulated three highest tournament scores in sanctioned GCTC Championship Series tournaments.
There is no requirement to participate in all six Series tournaments; however, 20 additional baseline points will be credited for each Series tournament participated in.Competing in the Blue Marlin Grand Championship is a requirement in order to win the title of 2020 Gulf Coast Triple Crown Champion.
In the event of a Tournament Category with no official second and third place positions, points will be awarded towards The Triple Crown Championship from first place only. In the event no eligible fish in a Category are weighed, no points for that Category will be awarded to the Series. Points within a category do not rollover.
Weather rescheduled tournaments must be completed prior to the Blue Marlin Grand Championship at the Wharf for points to count.
2020 GCTC Sanctioned Tournaments:
(** The BMGC utilizes a hybrid scoring system of combined weighed Blue Marlin and Catch& Release points to determine official tournament winners. Therefore, GCTC points will be awarded to the winners of the BMGC as follows: The First Place BMGC Tournament winner will be credited 250 points, Second Place 175 points Third Place 100 points and Forth Place 50 points.)
Tie Breaker Policy:
Orange Beach Billfish Classic ~ Orange Beach, AL
Cajun Canyons Billfish Classic ~ Venice, LA
Biloxi Billfish Tournament ~ Biloxi, MS
Emerald Coast Blue Marlin Classic ~ Destin, FL
Orange Beach Open ~ Orange Beach, AL
Blue Marlin Grand Championship ~ Orange Beach, AL**
- Ties will be broken by the boat which weighed the heaviest eligible Blue Marlin in one of the Series tournaments.
- In the event none of the tied boats weighed an eligible Blue Marlin (Tournament awards only, no optional awards count), the tie will be broken by the boat with the greatest number of accumulated Catch & Release Gulf Coast Triple Crown Points. If still tied, the boat which reached the total amount of points first will be declared the winner.
- If tie remains irreconcilable after all the above, it will be resolved by a coin toss.
In the event of a contested/protested award at a sanctioned participating Tournament involving official tournament cash awards, GCTC Series points will not be allocated to the boat(s) involved in the disputed position(s) of the particular tournament until the dispute is resolved. In the event the contested position/dispute is not resolved by conclusion of the GCTC Series at the BMGC, no GCTC Series Points will be awarded from the disputed position(s).
If cancelled, no points will be awarded from the cancelled event. In the event The Blue Marlin Grand Championship is cancelled, the 2020 GCTC winner will determined from the official Championship standings at the conclusion of the Emerald Coast Blue Marlin Classic.
Withdrawals (with entry fees refunded):
No bonus points will be awarded to boats withdrawing from a tournament prior to official start of competition.
Only officially weighed Blue Marlin points and officially scored Catch & Release video points resulting in 1st 2nd and 3rd place in participating tournaments will be counted towards GCTC Championship Points. Optional (Calcutta) Cash Award positions and Gamefish points for individual sanctioned tournaments do not count towards GCTC scoring
Updated Championship scoring will be posted to the GCTC website (www.gulfcoasttriplecrown.com) after each sanctioned tournament posts final results.
Participation in a tournament is defined as full payment of tournament entry fees.
The Gulf Coast Triple Crown Tournament Committee's decision is final in all matters pertaining to the Gulf Coast Triple Crown Championship Trophy.
Rules subject to change prior to the beginning of competition.
The Gulf Coast Triple Crown Championship Series (GCTC) is owned, managed and promoted solely by Wheels Up Events, LLC.